The Physics Bowl was featured in "The Bat Jar Conjecture". Raj, Howard, Sheldon and Leonard decided to join the competition because Fishman, Chen, Chowdry and McNair dropped out. Sheldon protested to join in at first but was convinced by Spock. Sheldon was being too controlling so the rest of the group kicked him out of their team and replaced him with Leslie Winkle, much to Sheldon's dismay. Sheldon's team, AA (Army Ants), consisted of the Third Floor Janitor, the Lady from the Lunchroom, and, either her son or her butcher. At the quiz, they were in a tie for most of it. During the final question Leonard, Leslie, Howard, Raj and Sheldon were all stumped. The janitor knew the answer and announced it. He (Dimitri) was a former physicist in the Soviet Union in Leningrad Polytechnica back in Russia. Sheldon wanted to prove he was smarter than everyone else, so he declined the answer making PMS (Perpetual Motion Squad) the winners.
Possible/Used Team Names
- PMS - Leonard, Howard, Rajesh and Leslie's Team.
- AA - Sheldon's Team.
- Bengal Tigers.
- What was the shortest light pulse ever produced?
- What is the quantum mechanical effect used to encode data on hard disk drives?
- What artificial satellite has seen glimpses of Einstein's predicted frame dragging?
- What is the isospin singlet partner of the Pi Zero Meson?
- What is the lightest element on earth with no stable isotope?
- What is the force between two uncharged plates due to quantum vacuum fluctuation?
- How does a quantum computer factor large numbers?
Final Question Answer
- -8πα (minus eight pi alpha)