Addtionally in 2001 during November, Lee wrote a series of one shots for DC Comics where he did his own take on the characters and events in a mini called Just Imagine.
Stan Lee passed away on November 12, 2018.
Lee on TBBT
In "The Excelsior Acquisition", Stuart, thanks to his uncle who happens to be Stan Lee's dermatologist, manages to convince Stan to come over for a comic book signing. Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Raj are all excited to meet him, but Sheldon has to forfeit the opportunity due to a court appearance regarding a driving violation whilst carrying Penny to the hospital (in "The Adhesive Duck Deficiency", although unseen, he drove past a red light). The guys tease Sheldon about how everyone not only got to meet Stan Lee, but also went out with him for gelato and became first-name acquaintances with him (with the exception of Raj, who, it seems, bugged Stan by complaining to him about the number of superheroes with alliterating names he has created).
Sheldon is visibly displeased with this turn of events, and Penny feels guilty since it was her fault in the first place that Sheldon received the fine and the summons. In an attempt to remedy the situation, Penny takes Sheldon to Stan Lee's house so that the two could finally meet. Stan is outraged about how Penny and Sheldon have the nerve to come to his house uninvited, but when he retorts sarcastically to Sheldon to watch the Lakers game, Sheldon takes it as a genuine invitation and enters Stan's house. Stan has no other choice but to file a restraining order against Sheldon, who proudly hangs it next to the restraining order from Leonard Nimoy.
In "The Cooper Extraction" Amy points out that without having Sheldon in her life, Penny would never have met "comic book legend Stan Lee".
In "The Leftover Thermalization" Sheldon brings up how Stan is well known for creating various Marvel Comics characters and appeared in many movie cameos while his fellow Spider-Man creator Steve Ditko is barely known by comparison.
- While not appearing on the show beyond an episode, Stan had starred in other productions with the other cast members including:
- The Mayor of Super Hero City in The Super Hero Squad Show episode "Blind Rage Knows No Color" (2011) which guest starred Jim Parsons as the villainous entity Nightmare.
- Himself in the animated movie Stan Lee's Mighty 7 (2014) which included Mayim Bialik as Lady Lightning.
- Himself during a cameo in the animated movie Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (2018) which included Wil Wheaton voicing The Flash.
- Though not mentioned in "The Countdown Reflection", the aforementioned Fantastic Four Annual #3 was written by him and drawn by fellow creator Jack Kirby.
- The moment in "The Excelsior Acquisition" where he sarcastically invites Sheldon and Penny into his house was later shown in comic form on the bottom of page 190 in the autobiographical graphic novel about Lee titled Amazing, Fantastic, Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir.