Sheldon tutors Georgie for their math test, only to discover that the latter cheated to pass. Since Star Trek character Captain Kirk also got away with cheating on the Kobayashi Maru test, Sheldon decides to adapt the "playing fast-and-loose with the rules" lifestyle he believes both Georgie and Kirk embrace by forging Mary's signature on a note excusing him from P.E. class and not properly checking out school library books. He eventually gets caught after Coach Wilkins shows George the note, prompting Mary to tell off Sheldon and force him to make amends by returning the books and going back to P.E., where Coach Wilkins makes him do the rope climb.
- Title Reference: To be entered.
- This episode was watched by xx.x million people with a rating of xx.xx (adults 18-49).
- Total viewers including DVR users xx.x million.
- Young Sheldon was ranked #x for the week ending xx December 2017.
- This episode aired in Canada on December 2017.
- As Sheldon enters Georgie's room, a sign for Farm to Market (FM) Road 794 is seen on the floor behind the door. FM 794 is a real road heading north and south between Gonzales, Texas and Harwood, Texas, about 50 miles east of San Antonio.
- The family dinner is spaghetti with meatballs, but Sheldon of the modern era has repeatedly commented that his mother made spaghetti with cut up hot dogs.
- The Star Trek episode shown in this episode is "Return of the Archons", first broadcast in February 1967.
- Georgie: "Wait. I see Elle Macpherson in a bikini. Ooh, it just fell off."
- Sheldon: "I see Quadrant 1 is red, Quadrant 2 is soft and plush, (sniffs) Quadrant 3 smells like lavender, and Quadrant four is overlaid with a Fibonacci spiral."
- Mary: "That's a dumb idea. We don't want Georgie to be like Georgie."