Sheldon and Amy's Wedding was an event between the engaged couple, Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler. He proposed to marry her in season 10's finale "The Long Distance Dissonance" after realizing she is the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. She accepted his proposal in season 11's premiere "The Proposal Proposal". The wedding occurred in "The Bow Tie Asymmetry".
In "The Matrimonial Metric", Sheldon and Amy need to pick members of their wedding party. Amy wonders how they can do it without hurting their friend's feelings. Sheldon suggests that they break the jobs down into individual tasks, test their friends and let the test results decide the outcome. Amy likes that it eliminates their responsibility for choosing. When Howard realizes what is going on, all their friends decide that they don't want to be in the wedding. Bernadette likes the objective way they were choosing and still wants to be her maid of honor since Amy was Bernadette's. At the same time Penny realizes that Amy has become her best friend and challenges her that she should be the maid of honor. Since Penny admits to them being best friends, she gets very excited and Penny is now her maid of honor. Earlier Leonard told Sheldon that he should just choose his best man, and Sheldon does choose him.
During the "The Athenaeum Allocation" episode, Sheldon and Amy hand out their "save the date" cards which announced their wedding date of May 12th. The card had an MRI scan of each of their brains kissing. After a tour of the Caltech Athenaeum Club, they decide to have the wedding there. Unfortunately, Barry Kripke already reserved it for his birthday party. They could get it if they paid for his date hooker and let him sing at their wedding. At the end of the episode they were both considering the planetarium for their wedding venue. The actual wedding is in the Athenaeum Club.
In "The Reclusive Potential", Penny planned a quilting bee for Amy's bachelorette party, though Amy wanted something wilder. Later the girls took her to a bar for shots and she passes out twelve minutes later. Back at home, they dazzled the disappointed Amy with stories that she Riverdanced on the bar, pawed a bunch of shirtless firemen and flashed the bar.
In "The Monetary Insufficiency", Penny and Bernadette take Amy wedding dress shopping and she loves every dress she tries on because she feels so beautiful. Her choice (see photo) is overly ruffly and they girls tell her they don't like it. Amy considers returning it until Sheldon see her and calls her beautiful and that she looks like a pile of swans.
In "The Sibling Realignment" Amy and Bernadette, Howard and Raj all got Pinkeye from the Wolowitz children threatening the wedding that is the following week. Luckily the kids did not have a contagious strain so the wedding party members and the guests will be healthy by Sheldon and Amy's wedding day.
In "The Bow Tie Asymmetry" Leonard is getting emotional helping his buddy get ready. Leonard is happy for Sheldon and that he will be officially and legally Amy’s problem. Ahh. Sheldon adds that he will always be Leonard’s problem. Leonard hugs him as Mary Cooper comes in and asks for a moment with her son. They both agree that they wish that his dad could be there. She is proud of him. Sheldon thanks her for everything including his whole life. They hug and then his mother wants to straighten his tie. Sheldon wants it to be a little asymmetrical. Mary adds that sometimes its the imperfect stuff that makes things perfect. Sheldon has a thought and leaves. Mary then says to herself, “Case in point”, referring to her Shelly.
As Amy is adjusting her veil, Sheldon knocks and she tells him to come in. He thinks that Amy looks amazing. He then describes how her comments about imperfection in his bow tie makes him want to add the imperfections of the real world into his string theory calculations. Amy then calls his work super asymmetry and he likes that. He gets her lipstick and starts to work out the calculations on her stand-up mirror.
Howard approaches Mark Hamill who had replaced Wil Wheaton as wedding offficate and asks him to stall since the bride and groom are running late. Mark doesn’t know what to do, so Howard asks if there are any Star Wars questions from the congregation. A lot of hands go up including Mr. Fowler’s. Raj is jumping up and down.
Sheldon is hard at work talking about slightly asymmetrical knots when Leonard comes in to check on them. They tell Leonard that they are inventing super asymmetry. Leonard hasn’t heard of that and wants them to leave until he gets into the discussions.
Raj asks Mark Hamill about Luke Skywalker trying to understand the native language when he was on the Wookie home planet. Mark doesn’t remember that, though Stuart remembers it happened on the dreaded Star Wars Christmas special. George wonders why none of the Star Wars vehicles used tires also stumping Mark. Stuart answers again with Denise telling him that he was so hot.
Amy's mother Mrs. Fowler gets up to take Amy home because she is convinced that Sheldon stood her up. Penny tells her to sit back down because they love each other and Sheldon wouldn’t hurt her. Mary applauds Penny who tells her to also sit down. Amy’s mother tells her husband to say something because of the way Penny spoke to her. He replies, “Thank you.”
Back in the bride’s room, Leonard checks Google and finds that no one has thought of their idea of super asymmetry. They had a brand new idea. Penny comes in and asks what these lunatics are doing? They are working on science. Penny finds that shocking, but what about the wedding? Sheldon agrees that they have their entire lives to work on science. Amy says, “Let’s get married.” Penny is pumped up and leaves to get the wedding started.
Penny enters with Sheldon and Leonard. Sheldon is shocked at finding Mark Hamill in place of Wil. Mark congratulates him as the music starts and Amy comes in on her father’s arm. Amy notices the difference, but it is just another sci-fi guy with a beard. Mark moves straight to their vows since he has been answering questions for 45 minutes. Stuart knows who was really answering the questions. Amy tells Sheldon that she knew there was something special between them ever since they met in the coffee shop and her love has been growing ever since. She doesn’t know what the future holds, but she knows she has never been happier than she is at that moment. Mark gets all choked up and then tells Sheldon to continue. Sheldon doesn’t know what to say because he is overwhelmed by Amy. Even if he can’t express himself at that moment, he plans on spending the rest of his life showing how much he loves her. Mark barely gets out asking them if they will wed each other and he finishes with “By the power invested in me by EvenYouCanPerformWeddings.com"; he declares them man and wife. They kiss, applauds break out and Sheldon escorts his new wife Amy down the aisle to Barry Kripke singing “At last, my wove has come awong, my wonely days are over, and wife is like a song….”
- Mary Cooper
- George Cooper Jr.
- Wil Wheaton
- Mrs. Wil Wheaton - uncredited
- Missy Cooper
- Barry Kripke
- Bert Kibbler
- Mrs. Fowler
- Mr. Fowler
- Mark Hamill
- Halley - Absence/Unseen
- Best Man: Dr. Leonard Hofstadter
- Maiden of Honor: Penny Hofstadter
- Flower Girl: Halley Wolowitz (Absent or Unseen)
- Singer: Possibly Dr. Barry Kripke
- Minister: Mark Hamill
- The wedding took place on May 12th (revealed in "The Athenaeum Allocation"). The wedding took place in the episode "The Bow Tie Asymmetry".
- It was confirmed that Mary Cooper and George Cooper Jr. will be attending, as well as Missy Cooper. Amy's Mother and Larry Fowler are also going to be appearing.
- Non-familial guests attending will be Stuart Bloom, Denise (first seen in "The Comet Polarization"), Wil Wheaton and his wife, Barry Kripke, and Bert Kibbler.
- Wil Wheaton is attending the ceremony with his real-life wife.
- Penny: Okay everyone. Here we go!
- Sheldon: Leonard. That’s Mark Ha…Ha...Ha… It’s Mark Hami…Ha…Ha…
- Leonard: Yep. Thank Wolowitz. He set it up.
- Sheldon: Thank you.
- Mark Hamill: Congratulations on your wedding.
- Sheldon: Thank you. When this is over, I have 4000 things for you to sign.
- [Processional starts; Amy enters.]
- Amy: [Father kisses her.] Thank you, Daddy. I…I thought Wil was marrying us.
- Sheldon: Wolowitz got us an upgrade.
- Amy: Another sci-fi guy in a beard? Seems lateral, but okay.
- Mark Hamill: Welcome. We are gathered here today in the sight of friends, family and Almighty God.
- Sheldon: That’s too religious.
- Mark Hamill: That lady over there made me say that.
- Mary: He heard you and he can’t un-hear you.
- Mark Hamill: We’re here to celebrate the marriage of Sheldon Lee Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler. I had more prepared, but I’m gonna skip to the rings and the vows since I’ve been answering your questions for 45 minutes.
- Stuart: Yeah, he answered them.
- Mark Hamill: Amy, you’re up.
- Amy: Sheldon, when I was a little girl, I used to dream about my wedding. But, eventually I stopped, because I thought that day would never come. And then I met you. From the first moment in that coffee shop, I knew there was something special between us, even I did work on a study that disapproved love at first sight.
- Sheldon: I loved that study the moment I read it. Ironic, huh?
- Amy: Clearly it was wrong. Because I felt something that day, and those feelings have only gotten stronger with time. I can’t imagine loving you more than I do right now. But I felt that way yesterday and the day before yesterday and the day before that.
- Sheldon: Is that growth linear or accelerating?
- Amy: Accelerating.
- Sheldon: Or maybe we could graph it out.
- Leonard: Save something for the honeymoon.
- Sheldon: Smart.
- Amy: Sheldon, I don’t know what the future holds, but I know I’ve never been happier than I am now in this moment marrying you.
- Mark Hamill: Well, that was unexpectedly beautiful. I need a minute. [He points to Sheldon.]
- Sheldon: Amy, I usually know exactly what to say. But at this moment I have no words. I guess I’m overwhelmed by you. In a good way. Not like elevator in the haunted Mansion way. Even if I can’t tell you now how I feel, I will spend the rest of my life showing you how much I love you.
- Mark Hamill: Do you…Do you…
- Wil Wheaton: Hey, I’m just saying, I’m here if you need me to step in.
- Mark Hamill: No, no, no. I got this. Amy, do you take Sheldon for your lawfully wedded husband?
- Amy: I do.
- Mark Hamill:And Sheldon, same thing.
- Sheldon: I do.
- Mark Hamill: Then by the power invested in me by EvenYouCanPerfromWeddings.com, I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.
- [Recessional. Sheldon and Amy leave hand in hand.]
- Kripke: [Singing.] At wast…My wove has come awong…My wonewy days are over…And wife is wike a song.
How Penny got Sheldon and Amy to the altar:
- Penny: What are you lunatics doing?!?
- Amy: Sheldon had a breakthrough.
- Sheldon: Actually Amy and I had a breakthrough.
- Penny: Oh, science? Shocking!!
- Leonard: You don’t understand. This could be real big.
- Sheldon: No, Penny’s right. We have our whole lives to do science together.
- Amy: Let’s get married.
- Penny: All right. It’s go time! I’m pumped!