Season 10 was confirmed on May 12, 2014, along with seasons 8 and 9. It aired in the 2016–17 season. It premiered on September 19, 2016. The season ended on May 11, 2017.
The series was officially picked up for seasons 11 and 12 on March 21, 2017, with all of the principal cast signing new two-year contracts. Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik were the last to sign on April 28, 2017, receiving substantial salary increases due in no small part to the rest of the principal cast shifting some of their salaries to them.
- Johnny Galecki as Leonard Hofstadter (24/24)
- Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper (24/24)
- Kaley Cuoco as Penny (24/24)
- Simon Helberg as Howard Wolowitz (24/24)
- Kunal Nayyar as Rajesh Koothrappali (24/24)
- Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler (24/24)
- Melissa Rauch as Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz (24/24)
- Kevin Sussman as Stuart Bloom (Recurring & Main Cast) (12/24)
|Title||Original Air Date||Directed By||Description|
|208||1001||The Conjugal Conjecture||September 19, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||Leonard and Penny's parents and friends assemble to watch their vow renewal and worry about the families meeting each other. Howard meets with an Air Force Captain about their gyroscope. Alfred and Mary announce that they are still seeing each other.|
|209||1002||The Military Miniaturization||September 26, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||The Air Force wants to buy the guys' invention and Penny lets Bernadette's pregnancy secret slip at work.|
|210||1003||The Dependence Transcendence||October 3, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||Sheldon can't keep up with the late nights Howard and Leonard are putting in on their project, Raj spends the day with a pregnant Bernadette and Penny and Amy attend a faculty party.|
|211||1004||The Cohabitation Experimentation||October 10, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||After Amy's apartment is flooded, she proposes to Sheldon that they live together as an experiment and he agrees. Howard and Bernadette wonder about knowing the sex of their baby.|
|212||1005||The Hot Tub Contamination||October 17, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||Shamy navigate the problems of living together, while Howard and Bernadette decide to take a vacation to Palm Springs, but then take a secret vacation at home; Raj and Stuart, thinking they've left, make use of their hot tub.|
|213||1006||The Fetal Kick Catalyst||October 27, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||Penny is a guest at a comic book convention, Shamy has a brunch in their apartment and Howard feels their baby kick.|
|214||1007||The Veracity Elasticity||November 3, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||Amy lies to Sheldon about her apartment no longer being uninhabitable. Leonard is told that Penny is secretly relocating his belongings behind his back.|
|215||1008||The Brain Bowl Incubation||November 10, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||Amy combines their DNA in an experiment and Sheldon gets the idea that they should have a baby. Raj falls for one of the Caltech maintenance employees.|
|216||1009||The Geology Elevation||November 17, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||Sheldon gets jealous of a grant that Bert gets for his geology research.|
|217||1010||The Property Division Collision||December 1, 2016||Mark Cendrowski||Sheldon and Leonard argue over dividing up their possessions and Stuart moves back in with Howard and Bernadette.|
|218||1011||The Birthday Synchronicity||December 15, 2016||Nikki Lorre||The arrival of Bernadette's baby coincides with/interrupts Amy's birthday sex.|
|219||1012||The Holiday Summation||January 5, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Sheldon and Amy visit Mary in Texas together. Leonard and Penny goes to get a Christmas tree and Halley Wolowitz won't stop crying.|
|220||1013||The Romance Recalibration||January 19, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Penny thinks that Leonard takes her for granted so she takes Amy on her spa weekend instead of Leonard.|
|221||1014||The Emotion Detection Automation||February 2, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Penny tries to get Randall a job interview, Sheldon has a machine to help him read emotions and Raj reunites with his ex-girlfriends.|
|222||1015||The Locomotion Reverberation||February 9, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Howard and Leonard try to make their invention even smaller without Sheldon, while the girls take the new mother Bernadette out.|
|223||1016||The Allowance Evaporation||February 16, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Sheldon and Amy have their first fight; Raj stops receiving support from his father.|
|224||1017||The Comic-Con Conundrum||February 23, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Raj asks Sheldon for help on how to get out of debt. Penny considers going to Comic-Con with Leonard.|
|225||1018||The Escape Hatch Identification||March 9, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Raj moves out of his apartment and Leonard and Penny offer him Sheldon's old room.|
|226||1019||The Collaboration Fluctuation||March 30, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Leonard, Penny and Raj adjust to their new living arrangement, and Sheldon takes an interest in Amy's work.|
|227||1020||The Recollection Dissipation||April 6, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Sheldon loses his journal, and Bernadette frets about returning to work because her maternity leave is almost up.|
|228||1021||The Separation Agitation||April 13, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Howard and Bernadette have a hard time leaving Halley in day care when Bernadette returns to work. Also, Bert introduces the gang to his new girlfriend, Rebecca.|
|229||1022||The Cognition Regeneration||April 27, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Leonard is less than thrilled when Penny's ex-boyfriend, Zack, offers her a job.|
|230||1023||The Gyroscopic Collapse||May 4, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||Amy is offered fellowship at Princeton, Raj makes new living arrangements and the Gyroscopic Project is spinning out of control.|
|231||1024||The Long Distance Dissonance||May 11, 2017||Mark Cendrowski||The gang becomes concerned for Sheldon when his former admirer, Ramona Nowitzki, reappears while Amy is away at Princeton.|
- Leonard and Penny's vow renewal was in the first episode "The Conjugal Conjecture".
- Bernadette gave birth to a baby girl named Halley who was born in the 11th episode, "The Birthday Synchronicity." Before then, although, producer Steven Molaro had said that there was no hurry and that they would probably take their time with that storyline.
- Penny's mother and brother appeared for the first time ever in the season 10 premiere. Her mother, Susan, is played by actress Katey Sagal (Married... with Children, Sons of Anarchy, 8 Simple Rules), and her brother, Randall, is played by actor Jack McBrayer (30 Rock). Katey already played Kaley Cuoco's television mother in 8 Simple Rules. Penny's Brother was mentioned in The Emotion Detection Automation, but did not physically appear.
- Dean Norris (Breaking Bad) has been cast in multiple episodes, he portrays Colonel Richard Williams, "a tough Air Force representative from the Department of Materiel Command, who’s interested in the boys’ quantum gyroscope for military applications." He has appeared in the first, second, third, fifteenth, and twenty-third episodes.
- Penny may or may not have been looking for a new job.
- Sheldon and Amy start living together and this relieves Leonard and Penny, who can now live by themselves. Shamy's living arrangements become permanent in the seventh episode "The Veracity Elasticity".
- It was hinted that Howard's father would appear this season, although he didn't.
- Brandon Jones guest starred in Episode 3 of this season titled "The Dependence Transcendence", portraying the role of The Flash in Sheldon's caffeine-induced dream. Also, in this episode, Bert, the tall geologist that has a crush on Amy reappeared after his previous appearance in "The Occupation Recalibration" (S7E13), a span of 62 episodes. He also reappeared in episode 6, "The Fetal Kick Catalyst", episode 9, "The Geology Elevation", episode 16, "The Allowance Evaporation", and episode 21, "The Separation Agitation". Also, Raj's father, V. M. Koothrappali, reappeared in "The Dependence Transcendence" after being absent in Season 9. His previous appearance was in "The Graduation Transmission" (S8E22), a span of 29 episodes. He reappeared in "The Allowance Evaporation".
- In "The Hot Tub Contamination", Raj revealed he has broken up with both Emily and Claire.
- Raj got a new love interest, Isabella, but they have broken up as of "The Emotion Detection Automation".
- Christopher Lloyd appeared  in the 10th episode, The Property Division Collision, as an old man who rented Sheldon's old room and gave Sheldon and Leonard good advice on why they were fighting. He is no longer there as of episodes 14 and 18.
- Steven Molaro teased that Emily and Claire would be back in season 10. This was soon confirmed and it was also announced that they will also be reappearing along with Raj's ex-girlfriends Emily (the deaf girl) and Lucy in episode 14 "The Emotion Detection Automation".
- Randall was mentioned in episode 14, though he made no appearance; It was hinted that he was moving to Pasadena.
- Raj became financially independent when he cuts himself off from his dad's monetary supply.
- Beverly Hofstadter reappeared in episode 18, "The Escape Hatch Identification". Her most recent appearance was the season premiere.
- Sheldon and Amy collaborate on a project.
- Soft Kitty returns after its last known performance in "The Anxiety Optimization" (S8E13).
- Zack Johnson returned in "The Cognition Regeneration", where he revealed that he is engaged. He also offered Penny a job which didn't make Leonard too thrilled, not because of jealousy, but of belief that it'd be weird for exes to work together, but it turns out Zack's fiancée wasn't happy with that idea, either.
- In the season finale, Sheldon's former admirer Ramona Nowitzki returned, after having first appeared in "The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem" (S2E6), a span of 208 episodes.
- The DVD is set to be released on September 11, 2017 according to Amazon UK.
- Sheldon proposed to Amy in the season finale, but her response wasn't revealed. We will find out what her answer is in the Season 11 premiere.
- This is the first season since Season 3 to not have an appearance by Wil Wheaton, although he was mentioned in "The Holiday Summation" (S10E12).
- ↑ https://tvline.com/2016/06/21/cbs-premiere-dates-fall-2016-big-bang-ncis/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/04/the-big-bang-theory-melissa-rauch-mayim-bialik-deals-1202077941/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266/episodes?season=10&ref_=tt_eps_sn_10
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/03/cbs-announces-season-finale-dates-2017.html
- ↑ http://christiantimes.com/article/the-big-bang-theory-season-10-spoilers-bernadette-not-going-to-have-baby-yet-sheldon-and-amy-to-get-married/56959.htm
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/news/1005492/fans-will-finally-get-to-meet-penny-s-mother-and-brother-on-the-big-bang-theory/
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/10/big-bang-theory-dean-norris
- ↑ http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/the-big-bang-theory-season-10-spoilers-howard-deals-with-the-return-of-his-father/49890.htm
- ↑ http://christiandaily.com/article/the-big-bang-theory-news-howards-father-pops-in-season-10/55442.htm
- ↑ http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/christopher-lloyd-big-bang-theory-guest-star-1201913939/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2016/12/20/the-big-bang-theory-season-10-spoilers-sheldon-amy-ask-ausiello/