The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
The "Pilot" is the first episode of the first season and series premiere episode of the American sitcom Young Sheldon. The episode aired on September 25, 2017.
9-year-old Sheldon Cooper is a once-in-a-generation mind capable of advanced mathematics and science but learns that isn't always helpful growing up in East Texas, a land where church and football are king.
To be added
- Special Guest star:
- Guest starring:
- Title Reference:
- This episode was watched by 17.21 million people with a rating of 3.8 (adults 18-49).
- Total viewers including DVR users 22.41 million.
- Young Sheldon was ranked #4 for the week ending 1 October 2017.
- This episode aired in Canada on September 25, 2017.
To be entered.
- This episode aired as a special preview of the series after the season 11 premiere episode of The Big Bang Theory.
- Sheldon and Missy are shown sharing a bedroom in this episode. However, in the Big Bang Theory episode "The Mommy Observation", when Sheldon is visiting his mother in Texas, his childhood room is shown with only one twin bed, meaning that Sheldon had his own room later on.
- The house isn't the same one you see in The Big Bang Theory when Sheldon visits his mother.
- Sheldon criticizing and telling people off in this show is usually what lands him in trouble in The Big Bang Theory.
- This is the only episode of Young Sheldon whose title is not a list, similiar to how the first episode of the base series (also named Pilot) did not have a scientific-sounding name.
- This episode explains why Sheldon doesn't have a Texas drawl. In narration, he explains that he switched to a mid-Atlantic accent because "Nobel prize winners ought not be ordering tater tots.."
- The song playing over football practice is Nothin' But A Good Time by Poison.
- Sheldon wears mittens when holding hands to say grace. In the end, he mentions that he never touched his brother's hand until the invention of Purell.
- Georgie Cooper: Admit he, he's adopted.
- Sheldon Cooper: How can I be adopted when I have a twin sister? Think, monkey, think.
- Missy Cooper: I wish I was adopted.
- Mary Cooper: That can still be arranged.
- Missy Cooper: [in church, listening to a sermon about 'evil thoughts'] I'm having an evil thought right now.
- Sheldon Cooper: What?
- Missy Cooper: "I'm going to kick you in the balls when we get home."
To be entered.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.