The baby is first mentioned in "The Proposal Proposal" when it is revealed that Howard and Bernadette are expecting another child. The baby is revealed to be a boy in "The Explosion Implosion". In "The Neonatal Nomenclature", Howard gets upset that Bernadette has already decided that they are going to name their son Michael after her father. The gang tries to help Bernadette get into labor and when she does she had her son and they name it Neil Michael Wolowitz after Neils Armstrong, Diamond and Gaimen. Bernadette still insists that he'll be called Michael. The baby is born in "The Neonatal Nomenclature". In "The Athenaeum Allocation" both Howard and Bernadette express their wishes to stay home with the kids, but they decide that they don't want to leave their jobs and find it too tiring.
- He was born on March 1, 2018.
- He is named Neil for astronaut Neil Armstrong, author Neil Gaiman and singer Neil Diamond and Michael for Bernadette's father Mike Rostenkowski. Neil was Howard's choice for the baby's first name, although at the end of "The Neonatal Nomenclature", Bernadette has already begun demanding that he be called by his middle name.
- Howard said that his head is the size of a cantaloupe.
- He shares a room with his big sister Halley.
- He finally appears onscreen in the series finale "The Stockholm Syndrome", played by child actor Nate Ash.