Larry was not seen on the show from the time his daughter made her first appearance in the Season 3 finale "The Lunar Excitation" (S3E23), up until her wedding with Sheldon in "The Bow Tie Asymmetry". He was briefly mentioned for the first time by Amy in the Season 10 episode "The Emotion Detection Automation" (S10E14), but no information about him was said.
He was mentioned again in "The Geology Methodology" when Amy mentioned a dinner with her parents.
He made his first appearance in Season 11 finale "The Bow Tie Asymmetry" (S11E24). It appeared that he and his wife have a loveless marriage. She constantly answered for him leaving him silent. Mr. Fowler escorted his daughter Amy down the aisle during the wedding ceremony. When his wife is about to take Amy away during the delay of the ceremony, Penny has her sit back down telling Amy's mother that Sheldon loves Amy and he won't hurt her. Mrs. Fowler asks if her husband has something to say and he tells Penny, "Thank you.".
In "The Conjugal Configuration", Larry is hiding out in Sheldon and Amy's apartment. Mrs. Fowler comes over demanding that her husband return. He decided to take a break from their marriage. Later his wife comes over to talk things over with Penny and decides that she is a good person and they should become friends. Penny marches over to 4B and demands that Larry go home.
In "The Consummation Deviation", Sheldon first tries to bond with Larry Fowler who is more interested in Howard's magic tricks.
- Brother or Brother-in-law: Unnamed
- Nephew: Unnamed
- Wife: Mrs. Fowler
- Daughter: Amy Farrah Fowler
- Son-In-Law: Sheldon Cooper
- Grandson: Leonard Cooper
- Larry is similar to Alfred Hofstadter. They have both been in loveless marriages with the mothers of their children; however, unlike Larry, Alfred finally got to divorce his wife.
- His silent moment in his first appearance is also similar to Teller's performance in his magic act, "Penn and Teller".
- Interestingly enough, Teller seems to speak more when playing Larry.
- He is one of five fathers of every main character who has physically appeared on the show: the others being Raj's father V. M. Koothrappali, Penny's father Wyatt, Bernadette's father Mike Rostenkowski, Leonard's father Alfred Hofstadter, and Sheldon's father George Cooper Sr., who was only shown in flashbacks since he is dead (Howard's left him at 11, Stuart's is only mentioned, Leslie's hasn't been seen or mentioned and Emily's is only mentioned and is possibly dead).
- He wears Axe body spray.
- In "The Consummation Deviation", it is revealed that he and his daughter share a habit of putting ketchup on eggs, and both his wife and Sheldon find it disgusting.