Bethany and Sarah are a couple of goth chicks that Howard and Raj met in a Goth nightclub in Hollywood as they pretended to be goths and wore tattoo sleeves during "The Gothowitz Deviation" episode. Both guys took a liking to Bethany and ignored Sarah. Interspersed throughout their conversation, they made references to darkness and goth stuff, as they revealed they are scientists, while the girls said they work at the Gap. At Bethany's suggestion, they then went to a tattoo parlor, where Bethany implied she would sleep with Howard if he got a new tattoo of a mean skull. Howard gave into his fear of the needle and exposed them as frauds, causing both women to leave.
Raj tries to follow Howard's commands so he can get one of the girls. Although he thought the tattoos were crazy, he went with it anyway. But he never got a tattoo due to Howard exposing them as frauds and then chickening out. Howard didn't react except to not listen to Raj.
HowardHoward almost gets a tattoo, just to get Bethany to sleep with him.
The GirlsBethany is clearly the alpha; Sarah is very mopey and convinced that everyone prefers Bethany. They also like that fact that Raj and Howard are scientists. Sarah ends a few lines with "...not that anyone cares."
They are into goth culture, as well as tattoo art.
- Howard - "Well, I can't really decide between a screaming devil, this mean little skull, or Kermit the Frog."
- Bethany - "Get the mean little skull, and I'll see if I can make him smile..."
- Howard - "I'll take the mean little skull please!"
- Howard - "When we tell this story, let's end it differently."
- Sarah - "I'm Sarah - not that anyone cares..."
- The black haired one (Sarah) often finishes her sentences with "...not that anyone cares."