Sheldon chokes on a sausage and becomes fearful of solid foods. His parents take him to a psychiatrist, Dr. Goetsch, who talks to his parents first, and tells Sheldon that he can read any of the comic books that are in the waiting room whilst waiting for him. Although Sheldon had previously not been interested in comic books, he starts reading X-Men, which inspires him. He then leaves Dr. Goetsch's office and wanders away to a comic book store to read the next volume of X-Men. He runs into Tam, who is eating licorice at the store. Due to his fear of solid foods, Sheldon initially refuses the licorice that Tam offers him, but eventually gives in and eats one, solving his eating disorder. Meanwhile, Meemaw babysits Georgie and Missy and comforts them on their feelings of being invisible because of Sheldon's quirks taking most of their parents' attention.
- Guest starring:
- Ryan Phuong as Tam Nguyen
- Valerie Mahaffey as Ms. MacElroy
- John Hartman as Dr. Goetsch
- Christopher Cho as Omar
- Teleplay: Rob Ulin & Dave Bickel
- Story: Chuck Lorre & Steven Molaro
- Title Reference:
- A Therapist: Worried about Sheldon health, his parents bring him into a therapist to overcome his fear
- A Comic Book:Although Sheldon thinks that comic book is from children, he later fall in love with the art of comic book after reading "X-Men" in one of the comic book collection that the therapist have.
- A Breakfast Sausage:The resulting of Sheldon forget to chew his food one more time are his choking with one slice of the sausage.
- This episode was watched by 11.83 million people with a rating of 02.05 (adults 18-49).
- Total viewers including DVR users 18 million.
- Young Sheldon was ranked #10 for the week ending 3 November 2017.
- This episode aired in Canada on November 2017.
To be entered.
- Sheldon talks about his spot in the school cafeteria and why he acts like he calls dibs on everything.
To be entered.