A Swedish Science Thing and the Equation for Toast is the twenty-second episode of the second season of the American sitcom Young Sheldon. The episode aired on May 16, 2019.
Sheldon invites the entire school to a party for the Nobel Prize announcements. Also, Meemaw learns more about Dr. Sturgis' past, and Georgie's desire for cable TV leads to a standoff between him and George Sr.
To be added
- Guest starring:
- Wallace Shawn as Dr. John Sturgis
- Ed Begley, Jr. as Dr. Linkletter
- Christine Baranski as Beverly Hofstadter (O.S.)
- Carol Ann Susi as Mrs. Wolowitz (O.S.; archive footage)
- Pamela Adlon as Mrs. Wolowitz (O.S.)
- Ryan Phuong as Tam
- Doc Farrow as Assistant Coach Wilkins
- Isaac Harger as Eight-Year-Old Leonard
- Quinn Aune as Four-Year-Old Penny
- Rishabh Prabhat as Nine-Year-Old Koothrappali
- Ethan Stern as Nine-Year-Old Howard
- AJ Coggeshall as Five-Year-Old Bernadette
- Lily Sanfelippo as Eleven-Year-Old Amy
- Teleplay: Steven Molaro, Eric Kaplan & Tara Hernandez
- Story: Chuck Lorre, Damir Konjicija & Dario Konjicija
- Music: "Someday We'll Be Together" by Diana Ross & The Supremes.
- Sheldon tells his father that he'll thank him during his acceptance speech when he wins the Nobel Prize. In The Big Bang Theory series finale, "The Stockholm Syndrome," he does exactly that.
- The younger versions of the social group (except for Stuart) make an appearance.
- Their bedrooms contain items that significantly represent them, both in their childhood and their adult years: Leonard's physics books and asthma inhaler, Penny's girly "bling" and pop culture items, Raj's telescope and sweater vest, Howard's magic items and model rocket, Bernadette's microscope and beauty pageant awards, and Amy's copy of Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
- Beverly Hofstadter and Debbie Wolowitz, Leonard and Howard's mothers, also make an appearance, but by voice only. Mrs. Wolowitz's lines were created using archival audio of the late Carol Ann Susi plus new audio by Pamela Adlon.
- Adult Sheldon won't meet Leonard, Howard, and Raj until 2003, as shown in the TBBT episode "The Staircase Implementation." He meets Penny a few years later when she moves across the hall, and Bernadette and Amy a few years after that.
- A young Stuart does not appear in the montage. If he did, he would have been a teenager, as he is the same age as Tam. His room would probably be surrounded with manga, comics, and posters as he works on an art project; likely drawing the logo for his future comic store.
- It's unclear when exactly Sheldon would meet Stuart. This could either be when he and the guys first visit Stuart's comic store or when he and Stuart would have a chance encounter later on in Young Sheldon.